6.6.08

Hoping for a phone call

Communications have been down for Todd the last couple of days. The last time we spoke with him was yesterday afternoon. He didn't call last night (when he was getting up for the day), or this afternoon (when he would have been getting ready for bed). I didn't realize how much I looked forward to hearing from him those two times a day. It's only a few minutes, but it feels so good to stay connected. I can't even IMAGINE what it must be like to not hear from husbands for a couple of weeks! I tell you that the soldier's wives are my heroes (oh crap, is that an oes or an os?...I'm not very good at this spelling thing!).

The girls seem to be doing a little better today, and thus, me as well. It's stressful for me not knowing what to do to help them. I hate being bitchy and grumpy with them, too. I'm trying to do more FUN things with them, just hanging out and stuff. Leah and I had a great talk tonight before she fell asleep. It was just nice. I felt very close to her, and that is a good thing.

It's getting super hot here now. The air conditioners are in and we're ready for the 90 degree weather. We were going to visit the Pittsburgh zoo this weekend, but might skip it until there is a cooler day. 90 doesn't sound like much fun to me.

We'll probably set up the big blow up pool that we bought. the girls will have a blast. Maybe we'll head out to Larry and Jodi's pool, too. The girls have been having a ball doing all kinds of "country" things. They've been swinging outside, finding bugs, and rolling down the hill in my mom's yard. It's just the best! Very relaxing for all of us that way.

Now, wish me luck that in another 1.5 hours, my cell phone rings, and it's Todd saying hello :)

No comments: